I’ve been teaching since 1989, and I’ve seen some changes in education. Big changes. Big. Huge.
I’ve prided myself in keeping up with best practices, particularly those involving technology, and I’d like to share these practices here for you.
First, a little background about myself: I started out studying journalism. After graduation, I decided I liked eating and having a roof over my head, so I entered into public education and taught English. After dozens of years in the classroom and serving as a department chair, I decided to take my show on the road and become an itinerant instructional coach.
I bring to you my training and education, and most importantly, my years of experience in the following:
- Advanced Academics (Pre-AP, AP, DC)
- High School English grades 9-12 (remedial to AP/DC)
- Integrating technology (21st-century skills)
- Adult community college (Freshman Composition)
- Journalism / Student Publications
I’m an experienced trainer:
- SpringBoard English
- Abydos Writing
If I don’t know it, I’ll find out for you!